Ramblings of a Slaint

Ramblings of my life in India and around the world

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Years!

I cannot believe it is 2007 already. When I got my passport 7 years ago, it seemed like 2010 was an eternity away - now I only have 3 years left before it expires! (I think this is how an expat measures time - by the expiration date on a passport and/or visa!)
We started off the new years with our closest Mumbai friends, Stacie and Mukesh. It was really nice and I am glad we decided to stay home. We were invited to dinner at this lady Rageshwaari’s home (She’s a famous singer I met the other day when I was out with the Sharanam girls), but thought it would be better to be home.
I have no idea what this year will bring, but probably much of the same - too much work! But we hope that this year will also bring more travel for Folo and I. A few places that we constantly speak of going to: Kenya, Japan, Vietnam, Dubai and Borneo. We’ll see! It feels like its been ages since we left India, so we are looking at flights already to find at least a weekend to get out of India. I’m dreaming of chips and salsa again - so we know it must be time! Last year we had planned to take at least a 3 day weekend every 3 months, but somehow that never materialized… we travelled quite a bit at the beginning of the year, but nothing since June. We will try again this year.
And I hope we are starting off the new year with our permanent maid - I hired a new one named Julie. She is set to start today. Crossing my fingers.
I hope that you all had a safe and happy New Years and that this year brings you the peace and happiness you wish for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home