Ramblings of a Slaint

Ramblings of my life in India and around the world

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Government Stamp

We get The Economist by subscription and this week it was several days late. I didn't think anything of it as the mail here is notoriously slow. Nor did I think anything of the plastic covering already being opened or the mailing label addressed to the wrong person. This is India afterall. But as I begin to go through the magazine, I came to a story about India and started reading. As I got half way through the article I noticed a map of India with a blue stamp over it. The stamp says " The external boundries (SIC) of India as depicted are neither correct nor authentic". I am shocked that the Indian government went to all the effort to go through each and every Economist to put this stamp over the India map! I'm shocked, but not really surprised! Crazy the lengths the government will go to make sure no one is confused about how much land is India's!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home