Ramblings of a Slaint

Ramblings of my life in India and around the world

Saturday, June 21, 2008

life changes....

there seems to be something in the air.. all of my friends seem to be going through some major life changes these days. my close friends in the US are dealing with lots of changes, good and bad, my lovely T in Paris is going through a rough spell. And the most close to home now is that two of my closest friends in India most likely will not be here 6 months from now. I know I shouldn't think about that now, so far in advance, but I can't help it. I can't imagine life here without them. But I guess I had a friend like that here before and I couldn't imagine life without her when she left, but somehow I've managed to keep on going here for 3+ years since and we've managed to stay close even with the distance. And I made other new friends in the meantime. but still... for the last 3 years most of my fun nights, great talks, camaraderie, etc have included either S or H.

I guess this means i will have to get out and about again and make new friends... but I'm so over that! That is one of the hardest things about living abroad is constantly feeling the need to make new friends! And when so many of them just come for short spells, its difficult to really open up fully and get close.

I guess I am just feeling sad, but i know that things happen for a reason and that it always works out best in the end. And I know that with whatever happens in my friends lives, my memories of India will always be mostly centered around V, S and H - well and of course folo. Now we just have to make sure that we spend the next few months living it up as best we all can!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

stop it!! we have so many fun times in the next 6 months. or not fun times, who knows hopefully we won't hate eachother after living together.

yum, i just ate a soy barbque sandwich. wish i could bring back some to india.

June 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home