Ramblings of a Slaint

Ramblings of my life in India and around the world

Saturday, March 21, 2009

randomness

It's been a long time since I've written and I have no idea why, other than life has been pretty mundane lately. Although I say that and we did take a quick trip to Dubai a few weeks ago to escape and shop! It was exactly as we wanted and we had an amazing time just as we did there 2 years ago.

The house is starting to come together. After months of searching left and right, we are finally making some decisions and buying stuff. Mostly the motivation is coming from the fact that we are throwing Stacie a going away party and I want to have it as finished as possible!

Yes.. I did say that, Stacie is leaving Mumbai :( I have a feeling she will be back before we know it, so I am not feeling too sad yet, but I'm sure come April 3rd, I'll be full of tears. She's been here for 4 years and I've known her almost the whole time, which isn't a common thing here in Mumbai where people come and go like there is no tomorrow.

I feel like Jan-Mar I had a big black cloud hanging over me like Eyore in Winnie the Pooh, but magically within a week, this cloud has disappeared and let through the sun again. I feel so much lighter and happier in just a short space of time. Lets hope it lasts!

I saw this post from another blog today and it really hit home for me, so here it is reposted for you:

Girlfriends are special. They argue, hug, scream, support, defy, bitch and defend. In their company, one can sob without thinking and laugh like a hyena. Whether 15 or 50 years, girlfriends fill a vacuum like no man ever can. They are the keepers of secrets: new and old, exciting and hackneyed, matured and in-the-pipeline. They analyze with you and for you: his phone calls, his absence, his shoes, his behavior, his friends and his moves (even those that should not be discussed but are dissected under a microscope). You discuss eclectic music, the next-door-hottie, bra sizes, colors, books, shopping-woes, period-related-grumpiness, and just about anything that is capable of being strung into a sentence. They check-in on you, check-out for you, and provide a reality check. They listen – to childhood stories, movie stories, maid issues, family melodrama and boy drama. And they talk - about their sister, sister’s neighbor, sister neighbor’s dog, sister’s neighbor’s dog’s vet. They do this - incessantly and repeatedly and without yawning. They know just what to say, in varying situations, and automatically lift your spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home